Dementia Friendly Fort Worth is a dementia awareness and education initiative for all sectors of the community.
Leading the Charge to Create Dementia Friendly Communities across Tarrant County
Our Mission Statement
Dementia Friendly Fort Worth collaborates with our community to CARE through
The organization offers:
- Education opportunities for everyone to increase awareness and understanding of dementia.
- Dementia Live® simulation experiences
- Dementia Friends training
- Education sessions
- First responder customized training
- Education and certification for Dementia Friendly businesses, organizations, and institutions
- Advocacy for practices and opportunities that enrich the lives of persons living with dementia and their care partners
- Innovative social opportunities for persons living with dementia and their care partners
- Dementia Friendly Chapel – offered through our YouTube channel on demand
- 5th Street Café: A Dementia Friendly Social Club and Care Partner Support Group – 1st & 3rd Wednesdays from 11:00 – 12:30 – Activity for those with early-stage dementia and education and support for care partners. Lunch is included at no cost.
- Let’s Get Together – A Social Club for Seniors – Zoom program 5 days a week