Dementia Friendly Fort Worth is a dementia awareness and education initiative for all sectors of the community.
Leading the Charge to Create Dementia Friendly Communities across Tarrant County
Our Mission Statement
Dementia Friendly Fort Worth collaborates with community partners to advocate for systems change and provide education, resources, and services that will enhance the lives of those with dementia and their care partners.
The program offers:
- Education opportunities for everyone to increase awareness and understanding of dementia.
- Dementia Live® simulation experiences
- Dementia Friends training
- Education sessions.
- Education and certification for Dementia Friendly businesses, organizations, and institutions
- Advocacy for practices and opportunities that enrich the lives of persons living with dementia and their care partners.
- Innovative social opportunities for persons living with dementia and their care partners
- Weekly Dementia Friendly Chapel
- 5th Street Café: A Dementia Friendly Social Club
- Activities for People Living with Dementia – Zoom programs 5 days a week
- Let’s Get Together – A Social Club for Seniors – Coming soon!