DEMENTIA FRIENDLY FORT WORTH
VISIT OUR EVENTS PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON EVENTS.
AFRICAN AMERICAN CAREGIVER SUMMIT SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 9 AM – 12 PM
Everyone responds to love. The heart knows what the brain forgets.
Our Mission Statement
Dementia Friendly Fort Worth collaborates with community partners to advocate for systems change and provide education, resources, and services that will enhance the lives of those with dementia and their care partners.
- Innovative social opportunities for persons living with dementia and their care partners
- Activities for Persons Living at Home with Dementia
- Weekly Dementia Friendly Chapel
- 5th Street Café: A Dementia Friendly Social Club
- Education opportunities for everyone to increase awareness and understanding of dementia
- Dementia Live® simulation experiences
- Dementia Friends training
- Education and certification for Dementia Friendly businesses, organizations, and institutions
- Advocacy for practices and opportunities that enrich the lives of persons living with dementia and their care partners.
You Can Make a Difference
For the cost of a cup of coffee per week, your generous donation can provide dementia education for people in businesses, civic groups, faith communities and neighborhoods, including 5th Street Café: A Dementia Friendly Social Club and Dementia Friendly Chapel.
Your donation also supports the Activities for Persons Living At Home with Dementia program. This unique 30-minute on-line program is designed especially for people living at home with dementia who may be experiencing social isolation. Each session features a guest presenter who guides participants through fun and engaging activities they can do from home.
These activities include music therapy, movement, arts, sing-a-longs, and social opportunities. Having a routine can be a major benefit for those with dementia, so this program is presented daily (M-F).
Dementia Friendly Fort Worth is funded by generous donations from individuals, companies, organizations, and foundations that have a desire to make a difference in the lives of those living with dementia and their care partners.
Why Be a Dementia Friendly City?
There are more than 100 types of dementia, for which there is currently no cure. More than 60% of individuals living with dementia live in your neighborhood and use the businesses and services in your community.
The numbers are staggering: There are now over 20,000 persons in Tarrant County with dementia and by 2025 there will be more than 30,000. Caregivers are dying faster than those living with dementia. Won’t you join our efforts to make their days more meaningful?